Wednesday, December 2, 2009

From Dana Brynelsen - to IDP PSC

Dear Steering Committee,



Carolyn Graves, Mike Whitfield, Pat Hanbury, Mari Pighini, Mary Stewart, Bonnie Barnes and Dana Brynelsen met with the Minister on Friday November 20, 2009. We were not successful in convincing her to reconsider her decision to close the office.



Therefore, we have drafted three letters announcing the closure of the office, one to Minister Polak, one to Infant Development Consultants and one to Executive Directors of Sponsoring Societies. People are anxious to know the outcome of the meeting. I would like these letters to go out tomorrow. I know this is a quick turnabout but could you quickly look at these and let Amelia know if you approve and we will send them out tomorrow.



Unfortunately as you know I am on medical leave, I have some more complications and need to deal with these and I have another chemotherapy treatment on Thursday so may not be able to get back into this office until next week. And then I am to restrict my work to a bare minimum.



Carolyn and I would like to have a Provincial Steering Committee meeting on December 3, 2009 from 11:30 to 1:30 at Berwick. This means we can park in front!!! And we will have a nice lunch. Please let Amelia know of your availability. If a number of you are not able to attend we will try to find another date.



This will be the final meeting of the committee. But we must remember that we have had a very long and uninterrupted run from December 10, 1975 to December 3, 2009. You have been able to influence good practice in an emerging field and 80,000 families have directly benefited from your work. So my congratulations to you all and my heartfelt thanks for your wonderful volunteer advocacy. What a difference you have made. We will celebrate this on the 3rd.



Kind regards,



Dana



Dana Brynelsen

Provincial Advisor

Infant Development Program of BC

No comments:

Post a Comment